Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring Planting

Our planter boxes were a bit shallow last year - might explain why our carrots stopped growing after 4 inches.  This year we decided to go bigger.
 
I built these two boxes out of cedar fence posts.  I'm hoping the rough-cut finish will add to the homestead look instead of indicting me of lazyness.  We want them to last so I covered the outside with a good water treatment. 

It was a long day that invovled getting a yard of soil, filling the boxes and buying the seedlings.  By the end of the day, we have the new vegitable garden. 

Bush beans and green onions
 

3 varieties of leaf lettice, more green onions and 3 varieties of kale.
 

We had enough soil left over to plant our peppers, and tomatoes.  I can't wait for the salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 7th Amber!

Happy Birthday Amber The day finally arrived - we've been talking about it since October last year. And what a celebration you crafted!...