Monday, June 17, 2013

Redemption

Sandi and I were at her parent's house for Easter.  Their neighbors had a pile of wood with a 'free' sign.  I rifled through it and saw some used exotic hardwood lumber.  I was determined to highlight this wood and we've been wanting an end table for the family room so it didn't take long to draw up plans.  A friend allowed me to consume his entire Saturday and his plainer and joiner.  After the rough wood was planed and joined I brought it back to my woodshop.  It took awhile, but I am pleased with the result.

Note: I just found out the wood is ipe - a Brasilian hardwood.

 
I wanted to feature the beautiful grain and let the wood speak for itself. 

 
Simplicity

 
Beauty

 
Redemption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 7th Amber!

Happy Birthday Amber The day finally arrived - we've been talking about it since October last year. And what a celebration you crafted!...