Sunday, July 7, 2013

Banks to Vernonia Bike ride

 
 
It was Sunday afternoon and Sandi was sleeping for work that night.  Instead of staying around the house, I decided to check an activity off my do-to list: the Banks to Vernonia bike trail.  It is a 21-mile one-way trail on an old railroad track.  It's really nice, especially on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. 

It started out flat.  When you come upon this farm house it you begin a gentle grade for the next several miles.

 


 
This is about 1/2 way to Vernonia.  Most of the trail is through the forest, but there are a lot of open, sunny parts.
 

Finally, I reach Vernonia.  This is the high school.


I added a 3-mile loop around Lake Vernonia.  Not terribly pretty, but it gave me a few more miles.
 
I'm about 10-miles from my car at this point.  Time to take a break.
 

From car to car: 45 miles.  I was working the last few miles.  I will need to train more if I ever plan on a day-long ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 7th Amber!

Happy Birthday Amber The day finally arrived - we've been talking about it since October last year. And what a celebration you crafted!...