Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Guest room: take 14


When we last left off, Sandi and I spent much time and effort converting our spare room into a den/office/computer room.  It's a great use of space for two people who have a three-bedroom house, but its also kind of lonely.  Sandi could take her laptop anywhere, but if I needed to get on my computer, I had to isolate myself in the back room.  Occasionally, both of us would be in there at the same time so we could blow kisses across our desks, but it wasn't the romantic adventure we dreamed.

 






On a walk home from the Farmer's market one Saturday, Sandi had a great idea: let's convert our computer room back into a bedroom and bring the computers out to the family room.  Brilliant!  No longer will I trudging to the far reaches of our house (and away from a very cozy and warm fire) to check email.
It took a little effort and a couple of Saturdays, but our computer room is now a bedroom (again).

 
Our family room also underwent a transition.  Gone is the funny stereo that makes weird clicks when you turn it on.
 
In its place is our computer desk.  Now I can edit this blog while enjoying our backyard and the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 7th Amber!

Happy Birthday Amber The day finally arrived - we've been talking about it since October last year. And what a celebration you crafted!...