Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Greenways Bike ride

Ever since I moved to Beaverton, I've enjoyed riding the local greenways power line trail.  Unfortunately the trail was fragmented, especially closer to home.  All summer long, the parks department was working on the missing sections.  Finally, the trail opened this month.
 
Sunday afternoon was free so I geared up and jumped on the trail at the closest intersection.
 
What better use for a power line swath than a meandering trail.  As you can see, this trail has plenty of topography to work around.

This is one of the new bridges

Cresting the hill

Where I've come from
 

and where I am going



 
Below is one of the best sections.  I tend to ride from south to north and I've always had to leave the trail and get back on the rode because the trail ended.  Now I just keep on going! 


 
What a great day for a ride - can you believe it's mid-November?




 
The trail doesn't actually end here.  It continues south for another mile and then heads west to parallel a rode.  When the trail finally ended, I jumped on the rode briefly to make a loop and connect with the trail for the return trip. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 7th Amber!

Happy Birthday Amber The day finally arrived - we've been talking about it since October last year. And what a celebration you crafted!...